segunda-feira, 6 de maio de 2013

Eco Monday: A week away from the pots and pans


If you follow me on Instagram (@robertacastello) you probably know that my latest challenge was to stay a whole five days eating a fully raw vegan diet. Some people adopt this way of eating as their lifestyle, some just do it for a period of time in order to detoxify the body. I found out that I'm standing in middle ground, but let me explain to you how it works.


The raw food diet is also vegan, since no products from animal sources are allowed. You're also not allowed to eat anything that has been heated over 140 degrees. The reason is that, over that temperature, the enzymes are destroyed and food loses all it's nutritional value. The biggest advantage of that diet, in my opinion, is that you won't be eating any preservatives, since you'll be having everything raw and made from scratch. Is it easy to do it? Hell, no! Is it worthy, for some time? Definitely yes. 


The proof that your body is getting rid of all the gunk accumulated during years of abuse are the detox side effects (oh, yes, I forgot to mention those...) Those effects will be different for everyone, meaning that those who eat the worst diet will have the worst side effects (that's karma, people). I had headaches and an upset stomach for the first two days. My body eliminated toxins mostly through water and I lost a lot of water weight. At the end, my hair and skin were in much better condition and I have more energy than I ever did. I decided to live fully raw during the week and to cook on the weekends. 


Before you ask me what the hell was I eating, I'll give you some examples. I had a fruit shake every morning for breakfast. For lunch, I'd have a salad or some fruit and salad or a cold soup for dinners. Besides, I snacked as much as I wanted to and still lost weight. During the next weeks, I'll keep you informed on Instagram and Twitter. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário